Tübingen International PhD Program in the Biological Sciences (TIPP)
The Tübingen International PhD Program in the Biological Sciences (TIPP) provides future research leaders with comprehensive training that promotes scientific excellence, independence and creativity.
PhD students can work on research topics in the following fields:
- Biochemistry and structural biology
- Bioinformatics and computational biology
- Molecular and cellular biology
- Developmental biology and genetics
- Evolutionary biology and ecology
- Mathematical Modeling
What we offer you
- high standards of dedicated mentoring
- a vibrant interdisciplinary community of international researchers
- cutting edge technologies in our research facilities
- personal and professional skills development opportunities including
- a wide range of scientific skills courses
- transferable skills workshops
- career development support through workshops and individual support
Mentoring & Supervision
All directors and group leaders, as well as most project leaders, from the Max Planck Institute for Biology and the Friedrich Miescher Laboratory are available as PhD advisors. The faculty pages give detailed information about the faculty members and who is currently recruiting.
We no longer accept new PhD students to the Tübingen International PhD Program. If you are interested in doing a PhD with us please look at the IMPRS ‘From Molecules to Organisms’
The program language is English. We encourage and support our PhD students to learn German.
Our students generally obtain their doctoral degree from the Faculty of Science at the University of Tübingen. The awarded degree is Dr. rer. nat. (Doctorate in Natural Sciences).