Apply to the Tübingen International PhD Program in the Biological Sciences
Are you interested in doing a PhD with us? We welcome applications from talented and ambitious individuals, from all nationalities, to join the Tübingen International PhD Program in the Biological Sciences.
You can apply anytime and if accepted join the PhD Program at a time point agreed with your advisor.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply you need to
- hold, or expect to hold, a Masters (or Diplom) degree in a relevant subject. All prior degree work must be finished before the PhD start date.
- Bachelors-only applicants: Exceptionally talented students holding only a Bachelors degree may be admitted. You should hold a 4-years honors degree, have excellent grades and possess extensive and relevant research experience. Additional study requirements may be assigned.
- be able to show that your interests, skills and knowledge match well with your proposed area of doctoral research.
- be able to demonstrate a high level of written and spoken English.
If you have obtained your degree(s) OUTSIDE the European Higher Education Area your application should include scores from the GRE General Test. To have your scores forwarded to us online, supply our institution code: 4791. In general, successful applicants have scored above 152 (on the verbal test and above 155 on the quantitative test.
Applicants with an Indian GATE score can supply this instead of, or as well as, the GRE.
We are committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in our workforce and therefore encourage applications from such qualified individuals.
When can I apply?
If you fulfil the requirements you can apply at any time of the year.
How do I apply?
To apply for an advertised position in the Tübingen International PhD Program in the Biological Sciences please follow the instructions in the advert.
To submit a speculative application for the Tübingen International PhD Program in the Biological Sciences please send an email to the faculty member you would like to work with including:
- a brief outline of your goals and interests
- your CV
- a list of references
You can find information about all our faculty and who is currently recruiting PhD students on our faculty pages.
What is the selection process?
- Interviews: If the potential advisor is interested in your application, they will contact you and usually arrange a telephone or online interview in the first instance. Sometimes, advisors invite you to visit our institutes in Tübingen to get to know you personally.
- Start date: The start date will be agreed between you and your advisor if you are offered a position in the Tübingen International PhD Program.