Application Process for the Tübingen International PhD Program in the Biological Sciences (TIPP)
Applications for advertised postions in the TIPP can only be submitted via our online application system.
Application to an advertised position in the Tübingen International PhD Program is a four-step online procedure:
1. Online registration
The first step of the application process is to register for our online application system. Make sure that you type your name and email address correctly. These cannot be changed again afterwards.
Successful online registration is confirmed directly on your screen and by e-mail. This e-mail contains the login information to the online application system.
2. Complete the application form
You will have to provide the following information:
- Personal: You will be asked to enter your personal data.
- Referees: You need to submit the name and address of two academic referees who are able and willing to evaluate your personality, experience, and intellectual merit.
- Academic: Here you provide information regarding your previous academic studies.
- Research: Here you need to give information about research projects you have been involved in and list your technical expertise.
- Publications: In this section you can list publications, presentations and awards.
- Essay: Here you should write a short statement of max. 500 characters explaining why you are applying for the IMPRS ‘From Molecules to Organisms’.
3. Submit the supporting documents
Before you start the online registration you should prepare PDF files of your supporting documents. Each file to upload should be a single PDF not exceeding 20MB. You can only upload once so please make sure you include all required documents.
Please upload scanned versions of the following documents:
- For each university degree obtained, the official, final certificate plus a translation if the original is not in English, German or French.
- For each degree obtained or in progress, an official transcript of records listing coursework and grades, plus a translation if the original is not in English, German or French.
- GRE General Test or GATE score report, if you have not studied within the European Higher Education Area.
- Other major certificates if relevant. A CV is not required as we have the application form.
4. Reference letters
Your application must be accompanied by two references. Your referees should know you personally and be able to comment on your academic performance. Referees should be professionally established at the level of principal scientist, group leader, lecturer or above. References from post-docs, PhD students or class-mates cannot be accepted.
When you register you will receive a link to send to your referees. Using the link, your referee can then directly complete the referee report form and upload it to our system. References can be submitted until 2 weeks after the application deadline indicated in the PhD position advert..
If it is necessary to change a referee during the application process or if there are any other problems, please contact the Researcher Support Team.
Please Note: Your personal data will be stored only for application and admission purposes. According to the German privacy law all data of unsuccessful applicants will be deleted after completion of the selection procedure.